It’s that time of the year! When everything feels fuzzy and warm and makes us reminisce about love and celebrating with loved ones. We don’t know about you but watching a classic movie that we associate countless memories with, is one of our favorite ways to reminisce on a cold winter day. Did you know about 2500 movies are produced each year? And yet we find comfort in those old films that we watched when we were young surrounded by our loved ones. Presenting to you in this article, our preferred movies to watch during the season of cuddling and cozying up in the blanket with (or without?) your children.
- 10 things I hate about you- The10 things we like about this movie are:-
- Quirky Actors
- Flawless Screenplay
- No airbrushes
- Realistic scenarios
- People not just suffering from anger management issues (lol!?)
- Authentic vibe of the 90s
- Heath Ledger being romantic (Droolworthy. Am I right, ladies?)
- It teaches a lesson or two
- It’s super romantic
- Notting Hill – truth be told, we are yet to find a person who hasn’t heard of this movie or the famed quote – ”I am just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her”. It is truly a classic movie that has stood the test of time because of its simple love story that touches hearts of whoever watches it. Also, the best part is that it can be enjoyed alone and with family, so get going ladies! This movie never gets old no matter how many times we watch it.
- Sleepless In Seattle – there aren’t enough words to describe what a mood this movie is. A young and charming Tom Hanks and a beautiful, charismatic Meg Ryan. Their chemistry flies off the charts and the whole aura of the movie with its old school people who still listen to the radio station for their favorite songs to be aired, just gives off a very homey vibe. Not to mention the absolutely adorable son of Tom Hanks in the movie who gets the whole movie going.
- The Holiday – now, to my favorite movie ever. The holiday comprises of a star cast, with Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz and *ahem ahem* JUDE LAW! I don’t think, I need to highlight why you should watch the movie, you just NEED to watch it! It will make you all gooey inside because it is absolutely adorable. It is a story of two unhappy women who decide to exchange houses for a time to get out of their comfort zones and end up falling in love with themselves and two wonderful men. Also, it has a Christmassy theme with snow and decorations and hot cocoa, which just makes it all the more better.
- Love Actually – Another Christmas themed classic movie suggestion for you ladies. This movie is a favorite among most ladies, do you know why? Because it has Hugh grant (#dreamboat) and a plethora of love stories all entwined together somehow giving off a feeling of being content and at peace. A must watch Christmas special!
- Dirty Dancing – Admit it ladies, the fantasy of being lifted in the air by the arms of Patrick Swayze is something we all have nurtured. Now that we are older and with children, the best way to relive that dream, is to watch Dirty dancing again. And, if you haven’t watched it till yet, the only thing to do going forward is to watch it ASAP and trust me, you won’t regret it at all.
- You’ve Got Mail – this movie is a Tom Hanks special and if you are into books, we would suggest you to get your laptop, pop some corn and envelope yourself in blankets and start watching this masterpiece. With Meg Ryan as the leading actress, the chemistry between the two in palpable and makes for a great watch!
Coming to the end of our list, we hope you were able to add some romantic comedies to your watchlist. We also hope you enjoy watching them with your family (or solo) and the added advantage of these movies is that they are children friendly, so you won’t have to worry about adult stuff because all of them are plain, simple yet heartwarming love stories.