“A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day.”
Is your to-do list getting in the middle of your food dreams? Well, food is not about spending hours of preparation in the kitchen. All you need is some simple yet tasty meals to save your time and make your breakfast turn into a special delight. There are few tips for speedy meals: stock your pantry with ingredients that make cooking easier and tastier. Simple and speedy recipes without compromising on the flavours and spices.
“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.”
Recipe 1: Pav bhaji:-
An all-time favourite dish, famous throughout, a blend of a variety of vegetables and flavoured with aromatic spices served with butter pav. This recipe is not only mouth-watering but also contains all the goodness of vegetables. And therefore a healthy choice for serving your kids a good breakfast.
Ingredients for bhaji:- chopped tomato, chopped onion, boiled potato, chopped bottle gourd, chopped cauliflower, chopped capsicum, boiled peas, chopped coriander leaves, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder, butter, dhania powder, ginger garlic paste, Haldi, jeera, dry mango powder, salt, oil, pavs.
Step by step instructions:-
1. Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tbsp jeera, 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/4 cup chopped onions and mix it well.
2. Then add 1/4 tbsp salt, 1/4 cup chopped bottle gourd, 2 tbsp boiled peas, 3 tbsp chopped cauliflower, water as required, 1/2 tbsp Haldi, mix them well.
3. Then add 1/4 cup boiled and dried potatoes, mix well. Add water as required and cover the lid & cook for 5 mins.
4. Remove the lid and mash the bhaji with a masher.
5. Add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp dhania powder, 1/4 tbsp amchur powder, 1 tbsp butter, mix and mash well.
6.Then add 2 tbsp chopped capsicum, mix and mash it well. cover with a lid. Cook for five mins. mash them well again.
7. Garnish it well with 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, mix it well.
8. Serve it hot with pav and chopped onions.
“A good breakfast is the start of a good day.”
Recipe 2:- Veggie burgers
When you need to feed the family an exciting and healthy breakfast, this veggie burger is the perfect choice for satisfying your kid’s unlimited hunger. The veggie burger is tasty and a healthy recipe to provide your kids with the necessary vitamins. The exclusive fast-food option will leave you more than satisfied.
Ingredients: Chopped carrot, beans, cauliflower, and chopped coriander. Boiled and grated potatoes, sweet corn, breadcrumbs, and some peas. Garam masala, red chilli powder, salt, cumin powder, turmeric and chaat masala.
1. Firstly, steam 3/2 carrot, 6 gobi, 4 beans, 2 tbsp sweet corn, 2 tbsp peas & 1/4 tbsp salt. Steam for 10 minutes on medium flame.
2.Transfer the steamed vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
3. Also, add 3 boiled and mashed potatoes.
4. Further, add 1/4 tbsp cumin powder, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, 3/4 tbsp Turmeric, 3/2 tbsp chilli powder, 1/4 tbsp chaat masala & 1/2 tbsp salt.
5. Add 2 tbsp coriander & mix well combining all the spices.
6. Furthermore add 1/4 cup bread crumbs and mix well.
7. Prepare a slurry by mixing 2 tbsp corn flour, 1/4 cup maida and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl.
8. Prepare ball sized patties & dip them in maida sturry.
9. Coat with breadcrumbs uniformly.
10.Shallow fry in hot oil keeping the flame on medium.
11.Fry on both sides until it turns golden brown, drain off and keep aside.
12. Stuff the filling in burgers and your tasty burger is ready to serve. Finally enjoy a veggie burger with chips and salad.
“Sometimes breakfast can make your whole day.”
Recipe 3:- Khaman Dhokla
This easy, quick to make dhokla is extremely delicious, spongy and a perfect recipe for your tasty breakfast.
Ingredients: Chana dal, green chilli paste, grated ginger, Haldi, fruit salt, water, chopped green chilli, Kadi Patta, rai, heeng, lemon juice, and oil.
Step by step instructions:-
1. Soak 3tbsp Chana dal & grind into a paste.
2. In a bowl add butter, 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp green chilli Paste, 1/2 tbsp grated ginger, 1/4 tbsp fruit salt, Add 1/2 tbsp Haldi & mix well.
3. Grease the plate with oil
4. Place the batter plate in a steamer.
5. For Tempering:- Add 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tbsp real, 6 kadi patta, 1 tbsp chopped green chillies, 1/8 tsp hing & water.
6. Add tempering to dhokla. Enjoy your tasty Dhokla.
“A healthy breakfast is an important part of a balanced diet.”
“A delicious breakfast in the morning heals both
Recipe 4: Bread Egg Pizza
It is a perfect dish to end the week. Add the colourful veggies to bring about the healthy twist & dejunk the traditional tastes of children’s favourite junk food. The perfect way to incorporate vegetables & eggs into a child’s diet.
Ingredients: Pizza sauce, chopped capsicum, chopped tomato, chopped onion, mixed herbs, grated cheese, butter, white bread, egg(whole), oil and salt.
Step by step instructions:-
1. For Egg omelette: In a pan heat 1/4 tbsp oil, add beaten egg & fry from both sides.
2. For Pizza: In a thick bottom pan, add 1.5 tbsp butter.
3. Once the butter has melted; place 1 white bread & toast on both sides.
4. While the bread is on the pan, spread 2tbsp pizza sauce on one side, and place egg omelette.
5. To that sprinkle 1 tbsp chopped yellow capsicum, 1 tbsp chopped red capsicum, 1 tbsp green capsicum, 1 tbsp chopped onion, some grated Cheese & 1/2 mixed herbs.
6. Cover & cook until cheese melts on a low flame.
7. Slice into 2 halves & serve hot with sauce.
mind and soul.”
Recipe 5:- Paneer Tikka
It is an Indian dish made from cubes of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor.
Ingredients: Paneer cubes, capsicum cubes, red capsicum, cornflour, curd, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, dhania powder, black pepper, Haldi, garam masala, salt, and oil.
1.For Marination: In a bowl, add 1 tbsp Curd, 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tbsp Haldi, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tbsp dhania powder,1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp oil, mix well.
2. Now add 1/2 tbsp salt & 1 tbsp cornflour mixture 20 ml water & mix into a smooth paste, keep aside.
3.For tikka skewer: Insert Paneer and capsicum alternately on skewers apply the marination well.
4. Brush the pan with oil.
5. Roast till light brown or well cooked.
6. Serve hot with coriander Chutney.
“Have a healthy breakfast each morning. It sets up your metabolism and you are more likely to make healthy choices throughout the day.”