We all want to celebrate our children’s milestones, and the first birthday is no exception. Celebrating this milestone is an opportunity to cherish memories of the whole process you’ve gone through. From Getting the news to bringing a new life into the world, from carrying it for the whole Nine Months to his/her first step. Reminiscing every small landmark in your 1-year journey
There are various things we worry about such as how to celebrate your child’s first birthday with family, friends, and through moments that will last a lifetime. The celebrations are often extravagant and filled with lots of food, balloons, presents, cake, and singing. For some families, this event marks an important milestone in their lives: your lives, you’re now parents of a one-year-old child!
In many ways, the first birthday is a strange milestone because it doesn’t really feel like a celebration at all. You spend most of your time preparing for it, but then when it finally arrives you feel like you barely have time to enjoy it before your child graduates from babyhood and becomes a child in their own right.
Planning a child’s first birthday party is daunting for most parents. It’s easy to get lost in the details and feel like you’re forgetting something. So, what can you do to make the day special? Well, we’re here to help you with some unique and quirky ideas to make your child’s first birthday party unforgettable.
THEME BASED CELEBRATION
A themed birthday party is a great way to ensure that all of the people who attend will have a good time. It’s also a great excuse to create and share memories with loved ones and friends.
Themed parties can be as simple as decorating the party with props from the theme or as complex as dressing up in costumes. You’ll need to spend some time identifying what you want your theme to be, but it doesn’t have to be anything complicated!
Here are some themed base birthday party ideas that you can use, or create your own them
- Jungle theme Party – Children love animals, A Jungle theme party would be perfect for your kid. You can even dress him up as Mowgli.
- Disney Princess Theme Party – A princess theme party for the little princess would be a special one. You can add princess invites, cakes, and pink color décor for the entire party
- Unicorn Theme – Unicorn is every child’s favorite. With a Unicorn theme party, you can make it a lot more colorful with rainbow decoration, rainbow cake colouring games.
- SuperHero Theme – Every child wants to become a superhero wearing a red cape and having magical powers someday. A special Superhero Theme party where everyone can be dressed as a Superhero would be a great party.
- Talent Theme Party – With a Talent theme party you can plan a ramp walk with kids, Dancing games, Best Dressed gifts, etc.
ENTERTAINMENT THROUGH GAMES
In order to have a successful party, you need to have fun activities for the guests. This is what will keep children and their parents entertained, and with these simple games and activities, you can add a little bit of fun into your party.
List of Games for Birthday Party
- Balloon Bursts – Fill the balloon with a chit containing a challenge . The kids will have to balance the balloon in the air for as long as the music is playing. When the music stops, the person who was the last to touch the balloon has to pop it and perform the challenge written in it . It could be anything, like dancing, licking their elbow, etc.
- Simon says – An adult will play the role of Simon. In this game Simon will instruct the kids to do as ‘Simon Says’. The kids have to follow what ‘Simon Says’. The adult can have a lot of fun with this game and act out some silly things for the entire party to follow. He/she can also confuse them by doing an action without saying ‘Simon says’.
- Pin the Donkey Tail– Put up a picture of a donkey without a tail.Give each kid a tail with their names on it. Blindfold the kids, turn wise, point them in the direction of the picture, and ask them to pin the tail as accurately as possible. Tkid who pinned the tail closest to the donkey is the winner.
- Ball passing- Tell the children to be seated in a circle and give them a soft Ball.. In this game everyone will pass on the ball to the person next to them as soon as possible while the music plays. The kid who has the ball when the music stops, is out. This person will have to entertain the group by performing a dance or singing.
- Musical Chairs- Place the chairs with the seats facing out in the form of a circle. The total number of chairs should be one less than the total number of kids playing. While the music plays everyone has to move around the chair in a queue. When the music stops whoever does not get the seat gets out of the game. Continue this game until only one kid remains
These are all simple ideas that will make the party more enjoyable for the kids.
Apart from these ideas we have brought you our personal favourites to bring out the best of your Party. We have shortlisted 5 Websites from where you can not only plan your child’s first birthday you can revisit them for your child’s next birthdays.
These websites have specialized theme party supplies. You can shop from them via Online. They also have a feature of Customized supplies like, Photograph , props, banners,Invites to make birthday more special and memorable
Here are the links to top 5 birthday planners in India: