Parents continuously fight when it comes to drawing the line with junk food. If it was left up to the kids, every mealtime would be delicious junk. One thing for sure is that we can’t say no to those innocent faces our kids make.
Oftentimes, it can be tough but it’s something that must be done strictly if we need to take care of our kid’s balanced diet. We as parents must not give in to their wishes, let’s understand the problem and answer the golden question. We all have a sinful, secret craving for that one favourite junk meal no matter how well-managed our everyday diet is.
Our willpower and good intellect seem to completely melt away even at the mere mention of such tongue pleasures. So, it’s only comprehensible why children fall so obsessively in love with junk food.
We can’t contradict the fact that junk food does taste lovely and appeal miraculously to our taste buds.
Their scrumptious appeal can be alluring for a child, especially when they don’t recognize the importance and role of eating healthy and nutritious food for proper evolution and development.
For every parent, it is one of the main concerns in life to ensure that their kid eats healthy, and grows both physically and mentally fit. It is only for this particular reason that parents are always seeking the finest, healthiest groceries to bring home and restrict their children from eating junk to the bare minimum.
We must adopt a clever yet holistic tactic towards improving the well-being of our kids.
Yes, there are definite health issues children are born with and many of them are inherited, but there are also inestimable children who have attained it through a faulty routine.
We need to serve our kid the right food. Wrongly processed and treated junk food is designed in a way to get your kids habituated to it.
Most food companies spend billions and billions of dollars for that seamless formula to get your mind hooked and generate cravings which you can’t fight. And, what happens in the end, the junk food triumphs over your willpower.
So, if that’s happening to us as grown-ups, why not children who have not yet fully developed will fall prey to these persuasive junk foods.
They are going over a habituated process that we have created. The selections that we make for our children are responsible for everything that they go through.
Keeping that in mind we as adults need to make some necessary changes and changes regarding our child’s healthy eating habits.
Don’t worry! Here is a recipe for a healthy homemade pizza. Which will not only satisfy your kids but also prove beneficial to their health in the long term.
Ingredients for the dough:-
• 2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat, or a mix
• 1 and a half teaspoons active yeast
• 1 cups warm water
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoons honey
• Half tablespoon wheat gluten optional
For the sauce
• 1 14-ounce can fresh tomato sauce
• ½ teaspoon oregano
• A pinch of garlic powder
• Finely shredded Mozzarella
• Grated Parmesan
• Veggies like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms or broccoli
• Pepperoni or chicken
Steps to follow:-
1. In a small bowl, whip together warm water and yeast, and put them aside. The blend should make foam after a limited time.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, and gluten. Mix it well, and then add a previously prepared mixture of water, olive oil and honey. Stir till the ball forms.
3. Use your hands to mould the dough for several minutes.
4. Form the dough into a ball, apply a little olive oil on top, and cover the bowl with a towel. Let the dough rise for 1 and half hours.
5. When the rise is finished, punch down the dough and cut the ball into two halves. Roll each piece of dough into a new ball, place them in separate bowls, and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 F and make your toppings. Blend the sauce and ingredients and put them aside, chop the veggies you plan to add.
7. Scatter a few spoons of whole wheat flour on a clean counter, and then flatten the dough balls onto it. Use a rolling pin to gently roll the dough into a perfect circle. Use your hand to shape the edges into a crust.
8. When the dough is moulded into a crust, place it on the stone or baking sheet.
9. Apply about 1 teaspoon of olive oil on the surface of the crust, and then add your toppings.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust turns brown, and the cheese is melted properly.
11. Slice and serve hot!
“The whole key is the type of pizza you eat. A pizza with the right ingredients can be very healthy. It can provide carbohydrates, a good variety of vitamins and protein.”